Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am an arms dealer fitting you with weapons in the form of words

On Friday night Denise, Brandon, Bridget and I went to go see the movie Valkyrie. Boy, what a fiasco that was. We first went to the del amo mall to see it and the line was so incredibly long that we would miss the show that we had got there for. So then we went to rolling hills and there was no lights on at all the parking lots. And there was absolutely no parking. We drove everywhere looking for parking. I was ready to give up after like a half an hour when someone backed out. We really didn’t want to go to any late showings but when Denise went to go pay with her credit card for the 8:00 show so it would be faster, it was already sold out. By this time I was angry, I went to two places to see this movie.. I WAS GOING TO SEE IT! I had already planned on seeing so it was going to happen. We decided to stay for the 10:05 showing. Unfortunately this left us with two hours of free time. We couldn’t go somewhere in my car, because then we will lose the parking spot. So we decided that we would eat very slowly at Island’s. All of us had already eaten, but we needed something to do. It was also freezing outside. We ate faster than we wanted to and ended up just sitting inside the theatre waiting for them to let us in.

The movie was very good. Though Denise and I found ourselves stressing out even though we all knew what the outcome would be. I was glad that they made that movie, all you ever hear about in school is how the Germans were horrible people. No one ever talks about how not everyone agreed with what was going on. Even though this was a great movie, we didn’t understand why we were so bent on seeing it. It is just unbelievable how one man can convince a whole nation of something that’s not even true.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bill Nighy!

sharkiepatronus said...

It is indeed true that not every one agreed with Hitler. There is a good book called the Nazi officer's wife. It is good.

It is also a good reminder that everyone should know why they belive what they believe, and no one should follow anyone blindly...

Miss Candice said...

I wanna see that movie... but at the same time, I don't... only because I don't want to give Tom Cruise my money. LOL

Anonymous said...

lol! I agree with candice