Wednesday, December 17, 2008

They know you’re just a boy, so grow up and be that man

It seems to me more and more that the choices we make are not only for ourselves but others. We don’t consciously think about it, but what we do affects the others around us. For example I have seen many instances where people are just not living up to what they need to be and in turn I end up suffering for it. Instead of doing the right thing, or just not thinking things through, whatever people decide to do, we all have to deal with the outcome. At first I was only thinking about others and how they have affected me, but now I see that I too must watch what I do because the same goes for me. If everyone was trying to be the best that they could be, things would be a lot different. So I know that personally, I will be always striving to make the best choice possible, rather than a rash one.

4 comments:

staceelianna said...

i so very much agree with this. i think everyone needs to reach a happy medium, some people make decisions soley on other peoples reactions while others make decisions based only on themselves. if we would all work on remembering ourselves AND others... i think a whole lot in our lives would be different.

just_me_tiff said...

good stuff.

Unknown said...

i agree completely... as you already know. I think there's power in acknowledgment ... i'm glad about our new years resolution (:

Miss Candice said...

I totally understand. When all we do is think about others, we end up getting hurt. But when we only think of ourselves, we end up hurting others. People need to learn that our lives are a domino effect... one decision could change an entire life.