Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the carol of the bell?

A year ago I bought a large silver bell with stars on it. Why you may ask? Well, every time I would work with my coworker she would always run into me. She would always say, “ Wear a bell!” So, as a joke I bought it to strap onto myself the next time I worked with her. Unfortunately I never work with her. ( it probably has something to do with the fact that all we do is talk ) so I never got to use it. Occasionally my kittens would play with it, thought most times it was too big for them and too loud for me to deal with. So the other day, Saturday, was a busy morning. There was an at&t guy that was coming in and out tearing up the house trying to fix our broken internet. ( which is still broken because we need a new modem) The door bell rang once again and this time it was a woman with a few young girls from a youth group on a scavenger hunt. I remember the days when I used to do those. They were fun. So me and Brandon were still in our pjs and the girls wanted to take a picture with our happy birthday Jesus flag. Apparently that was on their list. Along with a Christmas napkin or paper towel. Little did they know that they had hit the jackpot at our house. But the last thing that they needed was a jingle bell. Brandon took off to find one, because we have a ton of crafty random things in our house. But then I remembered that stupid bell. I ran it out to them and they were beyond excited. They were so happy about it. It tickled me. I’m glad that instead of it being used for a one minute sarcastic joke, it made some little girls’ day.

5 comments:

Hattie said...

That's such a cute story!

staceelianna said...

i remember those days too. they were good days. <3

sharkiepatronus said...

Oh the good ol' days!

Unknown said...

i remember those days too... and i love this story (:

Alexis said...

This story is very sweet and moving. I know it's simple but I could feel God talking to you in a simple sweet way...