Friday, January 2, 2009

you tell me that you need me, then you go and cut me down

With all the talk of new years resolutions.. I feel like I should have my say. One of my new years resolutions would be to compliment more. It's not that I'm not a positive person.. it's just that I don't voice it all the time. I might want to compliment someone... but if it is not convenient at the time to tell the person.. then I don't do it. It never hurts to hear something positive. One day I had just come into work and my coworker Gayle was helping someone. She made a cone for her and I noticed that it was a very nice cone. Cones aren't as easy to make as it looks. So I told her it was a nice cone. She stopped and said that was the nicest thing she had heard all day. And she began to tell me about her horrible day. That little compliment just helped her out so much. And it wasn't even that big of a deal. So I will try harder to voice positive things. That is a goal of mine this year.

4 comments:

Miss Candice said...

That sounds like a nice goal :)

Cassi said...

I was just telling Nicky that same thing the other day!! Yep - we have no idea what is going on in other people's lives and don't know just how important nice words can be at that moment...

Unknown said...

you know this completely and totally goes against our new years resolution... but its a nice idea... we should try to say more nice things... especially tomorrow when are at best buy <3 possibly tonight though, cause i don't think i'm hanging with my fam lol... eevil.

Nicky Stade said...

Hey Brittany! Nice cone!! Haha!