Tuesday, January 6, 2009

daddy said you gotta show the world the thunder

The other day on myspace I read a survey. One of the questions was, “ Do you think you are anything like the person you were a year ago?” The answer was no and I thought about it. Am I anything like I was a year ago? The answer was also no. At first I wanted to say yes because year after year if I were to have been asked that question, the answer would have been yes, that I was always the same. But the past two years, I have done a lot of changing. In the year that just passed my view of life and love have changed. Normally I think of change as a bad thing. I’m really not a fan of it. But when I really thought of it, I want my answer to that question every year to be a no. I want to always be changing and moving forward. The only way to become a better person is to change. So if that’s what it takes, then so be it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray for change, because things have changed indeed! and i'm so incredibly thankful for it! I am so glad you are too!

Alexis said...

amen to that one!

Kevin said...

Change is good and is always happening, even if we pretend it isn't - which is probably bad change. It is crazy to see how much you change, even in just a year.

Miss Candice said...

Change may be scary at times, but it's usually a good thing :)