Monday, February 1, 2010

So if i'm not you're everything how about I be nothing, Nothing at all to you.

So I told you that I would update you with the al situation, and it has just gotten worse. He stopped talking to me completely outside of work and then one day I came into work and all my coworkers were in an uproar. Apparently he had some girl visit him at work. ( the same work that I happen to work at. Why would you do that?) So after I was told this he texted me the next day saying :
" hey whats up? I just wanted to tell you that I have been hanging out with a friend from highschool and we are going camping together and she brought me lunch the other day and everyone flipped out. So I just wanted to tell you before they said something that wasn't true"
I cannot tell you how pissed and hurt I was. The only time he talked to me was when he wanted to switch with me so he could leave for his trip sooner, so I did because thats what Jesus would do and now I find out that he is going with some girl?? I thought he was going with his boys. Clearly he has been "hanging out" with this girl and it hadn't even been a month since he broke up with me! He has time for this girl but not time to try to still be my friend after he said that was what he wanted? I have clearly been thrown away. So in my immense anger ( that is still inside of me) I texted him telling him he was a dick and to not talk to me. ( this was saturday) unfortunately I was going to have to see him that night because my boss was having a housewarming party. My coworker gayle who I was going with to the party said that she would understand if I didn't want to go. But I told her that I am a big girl and I can't let al run my life. So she and I went to the party knowing fully well that it would be the awkwardness of the century considering I planned to not talk to al.
We got to the party and there wasn't much room to hide. My boss' new place is literally a box. But when I walked in I saw a guy that I knew from highschool and havent seen in years. So that was exciting. ( and it also made me look popular. haha) I met my boss' other friends and then I went back to where gayle and jeff (my boss' little brother) were. And basically with me not talking to al, it was hard for him to get in any conversation. He once asked me if I was the one who drove over there ( since I was the only one not drinking. As always) and I just glared at him ( with daggers in my eyes as gayle said) and muttered yes. ( I told him not to talk to me) So he left shortly there after.
Unfortunately I also had to work with him last night. Thankfully my friends Stacee, Cassandra, and Zoran ( and brenna for a lil bit) came and visited me for a long while. Right off the bat he said "I know you are angry and I am sorry. If you don't want to talk to me tonight or ever I understand" What, did he think that was going to butter me up and soften my heart? False! I said " I told you not to talk to me"
Now, of coarse this is not what Jesus would do. But I am so weak. Time and time again I have tried to make things work and restore some sort of friendship and he just keeps going out of his way to hurt me. Gayle says he just doesn't realize how he is affecting others, but I can't talk to him anymore. Because if I talk to him, I can't help but be nice and then I fall into the same trap of getting hurt.
I don't see how he can just throw me away after everything. But it hurts really bad even when I try to pretend that it doesn't.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Big cheesy hugs Miss Brittany.

I am really proud of you for trying to be Christlike, even when you falter a bit. :)

Unknown said...

just know that in the midst of it all God knows your heart. He'll direct you when you feel like you want to just punch Al in the face.

I am so proud of you. You are growing so much right now, despite the circumstances.

This season will soon pass, and you will be a better person for it!