Thursday, February 18, 2010

I don't want to feel like this, so that makes it all your fault

So my life has still been a roller coaster. A few days ago Al and I got in a fight and we both said mean things to each other. It made me feel horrible because in my three years of knowing him we have never fought or really argued. So the next day I apologized and so did he. And he actually said he understood why I had been acting the way that I was. ( Which is a big step for him, he never thought that he had done anything wrong) So I promised that I would be civil at work and he said the same. I didn't say that we should try to be friends because clearly that hasn't worked out too well. So things have been decent. It has just been hard because he clearly doesn't care about our friendship and there have been many times where I have wanted to tell him something but I had to stop myself because I knew he wouldn't care or respond. We have talked to each other everyday for a year, its hard for me to just be ok with not talking at all. But yesterday we had a small text conversation that was not work related and that was started by Al. So I know that he misses our friendship too, though he will never admit it.
And I still do not have a new job and neither does Al. So now I am wondering if this is some sort of groundhog situation. ( groundhog as in the movie) I wonder if God is intentionally not opening doors for us and letting us move on because I was supposed to make things right with Al. Like God is saying " I am going to keep you right here until you do what I want you to do" If that is the case I need to make sure that things stay decent between me and Al so I can get out of penguins. Hopefully that is the case because it is my time to move on.

1 comment:

just_me_tiff said...

relationships are never easy :(