Tuesday, November 25, 2008

who said that it's better to have loved and lost I wish that I had never loved at all

So I think that i take love for granted. Last week in youth, the missionary girl that we are going to be supporting came and spoke. Missionaries always intrigue me because I just don't see how they can do it. She is a missionary to Thailand and she was talking about how the people there don't know what love is. they are taught to just have good karma for themselves, not think about others. She was saying that they reach out to the people by showing them God's love and people don't understand why she cares about them. If someone does something nice for me I just think.. "oh that's nice" it doesn't puzzle me. I am glad that I live in a country where I know the love of God and where people can love each other. That sounds kind of hippie-ish.. but whatever.

3 comments:

Hattie said...

I agree! And if that makes us hippies...well...let's go hug some trees.

sharkiepatronus said...

Yay for being hippies!

Miss Candice said...

Haha, I agree with Hattie!