Saturday, November 1, 2008

do you remember when we were just kids and cardboard boxes took us miles from what we would miss

My cousin just had her first baby a week ago. This is a big deal because this is like the first baby born in our family. You know what I mean? So basically it is going to be spoiled. I am excited for it I really am, but, I am kind of dreading what will come with it. My aunt and uncle constantly bragging. My little cousin thinking she is all big since she is an aunt now. All they care about is themselves. They have nothing more to live for. I wish that circumstances could be better. I wish that I didn’t feel this way. But they haven’t been there for us at all, they are always in their own world, and I just know that it is going to be so nauseating. It’s not the baby’s fault or anything but it’s just going to be tough. I really just don’t understand my extended family at all. Why is it that when people need the most, other people back away? My aunt and uncle also pick my sister up from school sometimes and they will see my father delivering mail and they will just stop to talk to him like they are the best of friends. It upsets my sister and puts her in an awkward situation. They act like everything is okay. I’m not saying they need to hate him, I’m just saying they could think of someone other them themselves for more than two seconds and not have my sister be near my dad for more than she has to. Understanding/really loving them is going to be the next mountain I will have to climb, because it seems like every day they just make it harder and harder. I know that God gave us families for a reason, but I think He gave me mine to show me how they aren’t supposed to be. It’s just weird how things have changed in a short matter of time. They aren’t the family of my childhood anymore. I love this baby she is so beautiful , maybe she will bring our family together. Who knows.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

babies do tend to make situations better! i'm praying for you and your family!

Unknown said...

how dare you hate pumpkin flavored things?