Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm starting to believe the ocean's much like You, cause it gives and it takes away

So I recently purchased a Thrice cd. Not their latest, but the one before that. ( I am behind in buying music) One song stood out to me, it’s called Open Water. That is where the title of this blog is from. In thinking about that I started to compare God to the ocean. Not only does He give and take away, but He is big. Really big. Also, we know a lot about Him, but we still don’t know everything, and we never will. Just like how we can’t control or know what exactly the ocean is going to do at all times, we don’t know what God has planned or what He is going to do. In thinking about that, it reminded me that God is in control and all of this election stuff and the changes that will be happening in our country are in His hands.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

they most definitely are... and i'm thankful that we believe in a God who is above all this... and in the midst of this anxiety we really don't have to worry :/

Miss Candice said...

That's a very good way to think about it... it kinda puts things into perspective.