Sunday, October 26, 2008

I should have known better with a girl like you, that I would love everything that you do, and I do, hey hey hey, and I do!

Yes, so, this is yet another blog about myself. I know that is weird but I think I have finally realized what it is to truly understand the importance of myself and how I truly am fearfully and wonderfully made. I have struggled with self-esteem all throughout jr.high and high school and I have dealt with it pretty well in my college life so far, but now I think I am completely done with that. I have realized that the best thing that I could ever do for myself is to… be myself. Lately I have been comparing myself. Seeing what others have, but not taking into consideration what I have. It would really get me down. But then I realized that everyone has things to offer, including myself. And the things that make me different from others is what makes me, me. And people will appreciate those things, maybe not everyone in the same way, but some will. And that is what is important. God didn’t make one person and say this is the image we must live up to. He made us differently so we could be different. I am thankful that I am not like everyone else. I think that if everyone gets that into their head, then things will be a lot different. There was a book I read a while ago called, the Dashwood Sister’s Secrets of Love. (It’s some girly book) But there was a quote from it that I thought was cute, “Love is a bit like a doodle by Van Gogh, your lopsided circle could be a masterpiece to someone else.” I know this is dealing with love, but I think that it could also just be in general. Some of the things that I don’t think are very special about me ( like the fact that I giggle.. like mickey mouse) people take notice of. I think the little different things about us are God’s little details that He had fun putting in His children.

3 comments:

staceelianna said...

i absolutely LOVE that you giggle. ♥

Unknown said...

i do love that you are blogging more often (: and that you giggle 'he he he he'

Nicky Stade said...

My favorite quote of the day:

I think the little different things about us are God’s little details that He had fun putting in His children.