Friday, May 23, 2008

why was I given this family?

So I have never really stopped and thought about my family before all this crap with my dad went down. And I'm talking about my extended family. I know that God gave me this family for a reason.. but I just can't see it. It's like I would be beter off without a family. The poeple on my dad's side don't even know who the heck I am! And I wish I could say that it's better on my moms side. On the one hand I could say that.. I mean.. after all I do get presants from that side... but they still don't know me either. Some of them aren't related to me, but that shouldn't matter right? And what really angers me is that they don't care that they don't know me!! I am going to move away from talking about my dad's side because they are always drunk anyway and I won't be seeing them. So anyway.. and it's not just that they don't know me it's the fact that we were never close. I see people who are truly close to their grandparents.. and i'm not. I know a bunch of stuff about them but what do they know about me? .. oh that i go to dominguez hills. My cousing freaking thought I was still in highschool! and that was as of a week ago! And they weren't even involved in my life until my real grandma died. wtf. And what really angers me is the fact that families are supposed to be there for each other. When all this dad drama went down.. they didn't help us ( and still don't) all they do is tell my mom how she's never going to survive with what she's making and how she won't be able to keep the house ..etc.. basically anything negative. But then they can go and buy new cars! they all do! wtf. but they have no money to help us out. Whatevs. I don't need you! We got sooo much help and support from the church it's insane! and my own family couldn't even offer a kind word! My grandpa and step-grandmother offered to help me with school. But whenever I would have them help me, it was like the end of the world! U freaking can buy a car but can't willingly give me $200 that u said you would? idk. I just majorly vented. But it makes me sad that I don't have a family who is close and really knows me.

6 comments:

sharkiepatronus said...

It is amazing that God can provide us with a family that is better than our genetic ones...

Alexis said...

You know what's sad... I wish *I* knew you more, I'd consider it a privilege ...maybe because to me you are family. Church family is, sometimes, the only extended family I have.

No one knows me in my family...not even my parents. I've had a hard year coming to accept a lot of stuff about all that.

All that to say, I actually do know how you feel and I am super sorry.

Anonymous said...

i just texted you. And, I agree with what Stacey said.

staceelianna said...

i just want you to know that i consider it a GIANT honor to know you. i love that you and i can bond over our middle child syndrome... and that we go to *hardcore* shows together.. and that im going to take your wedding pictures. <3

you are SUCH an amazing person and if your family cant see that or chooses not to see that. it is their loss because they are missing out on the life of a truely wonderful girl.

sarahbeth said...

I <3 you so much Brittany. I'm sorry your family is so sucky. We're always here for you. :)

Cassi said...

Ditto all the above Brit... have loved getting to know your mom and would love to know you more... (that reminds me - I should email her - haven't heard from her in a while)

When I first moved here from Texas, got married and had Jake - I still felt like I was alone - until Calvary stepped in... yes, it is an awesome feeling knowing you have a much bigger family than you ever knew...