Tuesday, May 6, 2008

my narnia post

So Prince Caspian is coming out soon and I am supremely excited. That is my favorite book out of all 7. It deals a lot with faith and courage. Both of which are very important. Of coarse the story of Aslan dying for Narnia is ultra important too. I always thought that Aslan was a better example of God then, lets say the passion of the Christ. For example, I was really sad in that movie, but I was ultra sad when Aslan died. Is it because he's a cute Lion? I'm sure that helps but now I think I know why. I think it is just so much easier to see all the aspects of who God is with Aslan, he is mighty, yet loving, and fatherly too. And I just want to hug him!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

why is 'mighty' such an awesome word? God = mighty!!

I like Voyage of the Dawn Treader (which they are working on already woot)

i like your post! and i can't wait for next week!!!!

sharkiepatronus said...

I have found that sometimes when I can't seem to grasp an aspect of God's character that looking at its depiction in Aslan can help...

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see it!!! yay for friday!!!

Cassi said...

great post Brit... Aslan is a magnificant portrayal of the duality of God's character...