Monday, May 12, 2008

college

So after next week I will have completed my first year in college! I really can't believe it. I have learned so much already. Going into it, I was scared out of my mind. I thought it was going to be sooo hard. On the first day of school I felt so out of place and so young. Everyone seemed so much older than me. ( some really were which I was not used to) Now I don't feel that way anymore. My first semester was really easy. Easier than most of my highschool semesters, but second semester.. I can't say the same. I went into college thinking that I would just do my work and get through school. I wouldn't have to talk to anyone, but I've met many people and it makes school not only easier, but a lot more fun too. ( Since I don't naturally love school like percey does) I also learned that procrastination isn't all that bad. I used to never procrastinate, But now it seems inevitable with work and all. When I was in highschool all I did was go to school. But now it seems I have no time. I really like college. I like the fact that I don't have to go to school all day, and I get to not go to class if I know that I don't have to or need the time to do something else. There is so much more freedom. I am happy that I choose the school that I did and I am glad that I have completed what I have so far. ( hopefully I do well, on my finals next week so I can continue to be proud of myself!) I feel like a big kid now! :)

6 comments:

staceelianna said...

i am so proud of you. you've grown up so much and you really arent a little kid anymore <3 [even though i like to pretend you are and i LOVE LOVE LOVE when people ask if you want a childrens menu!!] i love you a lot BOB.

Alexis said...

I miss the freedom of college studies. I'd actually love to go back... I'll just add that to my current midlife crisis list...

sharkiepatronus said...

Yay! Our first year at DH is over... I am really jealous that you are starting as a freshman, I'm sure you'll do great on your finals!

Cassi said...

same here Alexis ....

So - my advise to you - finish. Go straight through... if you ever feel like you need to take a break - don't give in. Once you stop - it's sooooo hard to go back.

And Congrats for finishing the 1st year... 3 more to go... ??? So what is your major anyway?

sharkiepatronus said...

Oh yeah and just so I can say I am actively recruiting non-history majors... You should join the history club!

Anonymous said...

i don't think you have to unzip your sweater to prove how much you've grown up!

i <3 you.