Monday, September 29, 2008

well, I did it folks

So, I did what I felt needed to be done. I went and saw my dad. Now, this wasn't just some random decision. I knew for a long time that this is what needed to be done. I know that God didn't want me to be bitter forever and never see him again. It was really hard to tell my mom that I would be seeing him. I have had such a stressful week. She didn't understand. I felt like I was being pulled apart at every limb. There was what I knew God wanted me to do which was see him. And my dad wanted me to see him too. While I didn't want to and my mom definitely didn't want me to. Apparently my decision hurt her. I think she is scared that I would leave her. So there was much tension. But I went through with it and saw him yesterday. I went with my sister and we met him at the restaurant. I couldn't even look at him for a while. Then we awkwardly made small talk. I think he thinks it could be back to the way things could be. And it can't . And it never will be no matter how hard I try. We ate so quickly that the whole thing was over in less than an hour. Thank God! When we left he hugged me and said he loved me. I looked at him and tried to find some emotion, some feeling.. and I couldn't. No words came out. I couldn't even fake it. I didn't say anything back. I feel bad. But it was like I was mute. Then me and beth got out of their as fast as we could. I did what I had to do. I think now that I am not sorry about what had gone on and the fact that my family and life is very different. If none of this had gone down, I would have never know what it was to really have faith and to fully rely on God. I used to be sad that things aren't the way they were, but I really am not anymore. I am ready for new things and a new life that God has in store.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm proud of you Brittany (:

Alexis said...

Wow. That couldn't have been easy and it's so hard to do something God wants you to do when your mom doesn't.

And I am so glad that it didn't break you. Feeling blank is totally valid, and not wrong at all.

And again, wow.

staceelianna said...

i, am alson proud of you. and like ive told you a zillion times already if you need anything. ANYTHING. i'm here for you. :]

Cassi said...

Brittany... what a grown up thing you did... so extremely proud of you. NO... probably won't ever be the same... but it doesn't mean that you can't have some sort of relationship with him. I get what your mom is feeling.. but she will realize that you came home - to her.

Miss Candice said...

I, too, am very proud of you. I could imagine how difficult and awkward that would be. But you did it, and you made it through. Hopefully your faith will set an example for the rest of your family. I also hope that your mom realizes that you wouldn't just leave her like that.

Nicky Stade said...

What a transparent blog. I admire you for that.