Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends

So I have had an issue.. a problem that I just can't seem to get over. And I really need to get over it in order for me to have a better relationship with God, which is what I really want. My problem... : I really don't like people. .. Oh of course I like my friends.. and the people who tip at work.. but other than that... I really don't like people. I think they are stupid and rude. I know some persons like people.. like Denise and my mom .. oh and Jesus... and I just don't. I have tried to like people, I really have. I have prayed to God to change my heart.. but I need help. If u think about it please pray for me. I didn't realize how big of a problem it was until the other day. I was reading the Bible. Luke 23. And I came to the part where Jesus is being crucified and he says, " Father forgive them for they know not what they do." and I wanted to throw up. I was so disgusted with myself. Here Jesus has people treating him so inhumanely it's indescribable and he wants to forgive them. And I am treated badly by a customer and I want to write off all humanity and never deal with them again. I just don't understand it. Clearly there is something wrong... and I am ready for it to be right. But it is very very hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the first step in loving people is admitting that you dont. believe me i haven't always been this way, and sometimes i find it super hard to love certain people.But if you just give it to God He will fill you with that unnatural love that comes only from Him. I'm so proud of you for having that desire to change, and honored for mentioning me (:

<3 you.

Cassi said...

I get it... I used to wait tables... and people think that they can abuse you because they may or may not leave you a little something on the table... but trust me - get through this and it will take you very far - I think that everyone should be a server sometime in their life - it prepares us for kingdom work ... for God calls us to be servants...

I have had times in life there were certain people that I didn't like AT ALL - but knew that I had to have a relationship with them - here's the prayer I used: "God - please let me see them the way YOU see them... let me love them the way that You do..."

It worked - I soon began seeing all sorts of good things that I have never seen before - or had covered over with all the bad...

<3

Miss Candice said...

I know how that is. I struggle with it a little bit myself. But, it's great that you recognize it and that its something you want to work on. I will pray for you. Maybe we can both help each other with this. haha