Wednesday, March 4, 2009

today

The church business meeting is today and I will be voting. This is something new. It is going to be very strange, my whole life I have just felt like I am a child. Growing up in the church I was always known as Ruben’s kid. That was my identity. When I started to play bass, I relayed on my father to show me exactly what to play. I got away with things because my dad was on staff, and now he is gone. And I realize that I do not have a knowledge of music and I am no longer a dependent child. It is my time to step up and realize that I am an adult and I have to do my part as a member of the church that I have been going to my entire life.

4 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

Growing up isn't easy. But at least you have a safe place to make mistakes! <3

Alexis said...

That's kind of amazing Britt. Happy voting. ;)

Cassi said...

hope you had a great first experience tonight!!!

Unknown said...

yay yay you did it! i'm glad that you are taking a more active role in the church, in the end you benefit and gain a lot from this experience (:

contrary to popular belief, this is not my first time voting :/ lol