Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh baby, when they made me, they broke the mold

So I have just realized, … that I have very small hands.
I have been wanting to expand my musical knowledge and learn to play either guitar or piano, or both. I mentioned this to my brother, who in turn mentioned it casually in conversation with his boss who happens to be the guitar player at our church, Mike. Mike just bought a new guitar that is both acoustic and electric so he decided to GIVE me his old acoustic guitar! It is so beautiful! I have truly been blessed. (its almost the size of me, but I can deal). So I decided yesterday to pick it up and start memorizing chords. I thought it couldn’t be too difficult since I already play bass… and that is where I was wrong. Memorizing is not going to be a problem.. but getting my yittle fingers in the positions is. They were struggling so hard to reach every string. Normally I just play one string at a time and I only have 4, but this time there is 6! So my hands will have to practice stretching themselves. I remember a long time ago someone telling me that it was a good thing that I didn’t play guitar because my hands were so small.. and now I know what they meant.
p.s.:
HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!

4 comments:

Alexis said...

when I attempted to learn to play guitar the first time (trying again now) I was constantly frustrated by my small hands...LOL.

Unknown said...

you'll manage... not everyone has ideal hands but that doesn't mean you won't be awesome! you see because i have been told that i have musician's hands but i'm not a musician... but when i learn to play the piano i will be!

Miss Candice said...

Good luck with that! I'm gonna start learning to play again soon.

Nicky Stade said...

I have very long fingers, but no desire to learn the guitar. I'd be willing to trade for a fee...