Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I wrote the gospel on giving up

Yuck! So yesterday in my biology lab class I had to dissect a frog. Now I know that most people already did this in either jr. high or high school, but I didn’t. I dissected a pig’s heart, but that’s about it. It is disgusting how you have to cut through organs and even the rib cage.I really did not want to do it. I love animals and I love to learn about them, but please, just give me a diagram or something. Luckily we worked in partners and mine did most of the work. Of coarse I helped, but it was awful. And of coarse, the stench of the formaldehyde wasn’t that great either. My teacher said that frogs are going extinct very quickly due to some killer fungus. Poor Kermit!
Kermit The Frog Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kermit wasn't kidding when he sang 'it's not easy being green!'

poor Kermy... i've NEVER had to dissect anything.

sharkiepatronus said...

In high school I told the teachers that I didn't believe that dissecting an animal was an appropriate way to further my education. So I got away without dissecting anything other than an owl pellet.

I would've said if they are going extinct how come we are killing them, there are more humane ways to learn about anatomy.